One of the best ways to feed your hair, skin, nails, and brain is to eat, or in this case, DRINK, raw fresh organic VEGGIES!
It will take longer for you to read this recipe than to make it! LOL
If you think making fresh, great tasting, healthy drinks takes time - think again! This recipe takes about 5 minutes once you've done it a few times and have all ingredients at hand. There's no prep work and cleanup is as easy as rinsing out your high-speed blender!
If you've never made a delicious and nutritious fresh smoothies, try this instead of driving through the local Starbucks, McDonalds, or Dunkin Donuts!
All organic ingredients (except bananas):
- Fresh organic strawberries (or any other berry you like)
- One or two bananas (organic is good but if not, the thick skin protects the fruit inside)
- One tablespoon organic first-pressed coconut oil (we like Tropical Traditions Gold label)
- Handful or two of fresh organic kale (or spinach or romaine - please no iceberg lettuce)
- Organic almond or flaxseed milk, or coconut water (more healthy than soy or dairy)
- Organic vanilla and stevia as desired or coconut crystals (we use Coconut Secret brand)
Organic berries are a must - as they are one of the most pesticide sprayed produce items!
- Add peeled banana and washed berries to the blender (we use a Vita-Mix)
- Add handful pre-washed kale, or other dark green leafy veggie
- Pour almond milk into the blender
- Add the tablespoon of coconut oil (excellent for hair, skin, nails, and brain health!)
- Add the vanilla and stevia or coconut crystals (if using the coconut crystals add a teaspoon or two and check for sweetness before pouring the smoothie out of the blender)
- Blend about 20-30 seconds depending upon your blender
- Pour into large container
- Clean / rinse out your blender and set aside to dry while you take your yummy smoothie out the door with you!
If you don't have almond milk you can always make your own, or add a handful of raw almonds to the blender and 10-12 oz water or coconut water to make a quick substitute!
You can also add things like chia seed, sprouts or sprouted grains to this smoothie, protein powder, or other things as the berries, bananas, kale, and coconut oil provides a great base by which you can experiment.
Take it upon yourself to be healthy, joyful, vibrant, and beautiful. Be who you want to be.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.