As cute as fairy gardens may be, the dents these adorable accessories leave in your wallet are most certainly not! This simple tutorial presents step-by-step instructions for creating the staple of any fairy garden: your very own fairy door.
The final product is free-standing but can also be mounted with sticky tack. It may be suitable for indoor or outdoor decor, depending on how you choose to decorate your door. You may even have some of the materials on hand. For those looking to skip the work, the door can be purchased here.
- Polymer clay
- Dowel or marker (to be used as rolling pin)
- Rotary cutter or knife
- Needle/old ballpoint pen
- Thin cardboard (optional)
- Acrylic paint in desired colors
- Epoxy or other waterproof glue
- Rocks and other desired decorations (optional)
- Sticky tack (optional- for mounting the door to wall or pot.)