Dr. Oz, on his show, offered a Detox Plan presented by Dr. Alejandro Junger that promises to gift a 10-pound weight loss in 30 days. Of course, before starting any detox or diet, you should consult your physician as everyone’s system differs.
Dr. Junger is coined The Father of Detox; he has several books on the market although his latest titled, Clean, details his detox plan with healthy food choices. He stated that his program corrects the intestinal health, which then flushes out the fat. Furthermore, it will create conditions for your system and organs to work at maximum condition.
He states that this is not a starvation diet and it’s not a crash program. It educates people to learn how foods affect them and how their body responds and works in an optimum state. The success rate of his plan, 60% of participants embrace long-term weight loss success.
He recommends that you start the program without exercise and then slowly incorporate as you see fit.
You must cut these foods from your diet:
No dairy or eggs
Coffee, soda and alcohol
Beef and pork
Are you wondering what foods are left to eat?
These are the foods you can eat:
1. Green leafy and cruciferous vegetables, which have chlorophyll in them that feeds the good bacteria and promotes health. It's called the King of detox foods.
2. Cold water fish, which have the least amount of toxins in them, offer good fat and protein that supports the liver detox (salmon, mackerel, halibut, sardines and herring).
3. Free range pastured chicken, which is free of hormones and antibiotics.
4. Fresh berries, which are high in fiber and helps offset cravings.
5. Apple cider vinegar, which promotes the secretion of hydrochloric acid to support good digestion.
6. Lemon water, which causes an alkalizing affect in the body.
7. Herbal tea, which boosts energy.
8. Unsweetened coconut milk is allowed and embraced as a substitute for dairy products such as milk.
9. Coconut oil (replace butter), this makes skin, nails and hair healthy.
10. Plant-based protein powder (needed for the liver to work affectively especially when you are cutting meats out).
If you're tired of counting calories and you are willing to totally change your diet, this is the detox for you!