There is no mystery that our world is scary place to live; violence, famine, war, just to name a few. However, many don't realize the true culprits, making our world the most dangerous and deadly of our time- our lifestyles. A simple lifestyle change or two can determine whether you live to be age 30 or 100. This simple list of five (5) HOW TO'S can help you make some wise decisions for your health and well being.
1) Exercise regularly - Easy one right? Wrong??? Millions of Americans chose to live sedentary lifestyles, not because they can not stay active but because it is part of our culture to value watching television more than exercise. Balance your entertainment needs with your health needs, and exercise at least 3 -4 times per week.
2) Drink more water - You should consume as much as possible. Water is essential for life and hydrate every cell in your body. Many diseases are related to a deficiency of water in our diets.
3) Take Vitamins/Supplements daily - Most people are also deficient in most vitamins and minerals due to depleted soils and food sources. Look out for common deficiencies like Vitamin B, Vitamin D, and Magnesium. http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/7-nutrient-deficien....
4) Eat the healthiest food possible - Let's face it, most foods have some toxins in them even so called "organic" vegetables and fruits ar exposed to poisonous water and air sources. However, you can maximize you health potential by eating the healthiest foods. Look for sodium and sugar content in your foods as well as fat and carbohydrates. Moderation is key. In our American society, we will probably never have a deficiency of salt, sugar, or fat in our diets since most foods are loaded with them.
5) Less Stress – Our bodies, minds, and spirits are interconnected. If one system is out of alignment they all are usually affected. With a calm, positive spirit one can take care of the mind and body more efficiently. One can have all the other components of a healthy lifestyle and damage the whole with one missing part. (Holistic View). Use mediation, deep breathing, or some other emotional/spiritual outlet to complete the whole self.