Summer fruit is in season and delicious. But, if you don’t eat it right away you’ll miss out on their delicious flavor. Make your favorite summer fruits into jams so you can enjoy, and bake with, them for months to come!
After you follow the steps use your jam to bake these wonderful desserts:
• If you love peanut butter and jelly, you’ll love these chocolate jam thumbprint cookies, no matter what age you are.
• Who doesn’t love a jelly filled doughnut? Use your homemade jam to make jam filled doughnut muffins.
• These jam squares are a quick and easy summertime treat. There’s only five ingredients!
Want to make your jam using local Madison are fruit? Stop by these local farmers’ markets:
• Capitol Square: Saturdays 6:30am-2 pm
• 200 Block of Martin Luther King Blvd. in Madison: Wednesdays 8:30am-2pm