How to bake pumpkin seeds
To purchase a pumpkin in Raleigh, NC, try: The Raleigh Farmers Market
After picking out the perfect pumpkin, before you bake it be sure to remove all of the seeds. If you need advice as to how to cook a pumpkin, click here.
Otherwise, after you get your pumpkin home:
- Wash it
- Place it on a cutting board and with a large serrated knife slice it in half.
- With your hands remove all of the stringy pulp and the seeds.
- Separate the seeds from the pulp and throw the pulp away.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Line a cookie sheet with no-stick foil.
- Wash the seeds under the faucet to remove anything sticky.
- Pat seeds dry with a paper towel.
- Place seeds onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Spread out evenly into a single layer if possible.
Salt and pepper
- Bake for about 10 minutes. You want the seeds to become crispy, but not burnt.
- Place cooked seeds into a bowl and enjoy!