Friday August 8 through Sunday August 10 the Great Midwest Balloon Festival will be held at the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan. Balloon Glows will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday night and the glowing balloons will light up the night sky. Hot Air Balloon Rides tethered and untethered are offered during the festival.
The Mission, Kan. Artwalk will be held on Friday night from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Enjoy local artist, vendors, food, and drink at the second artwalk of the summer series. The event will be held at Johnson Dr. and Dearborn in downtown Mission.
Theater Aug. 8 through Aug. 10:
- The Buffalo Room: 817 Westport Rd., “The Butcher’s Son,” closes Aug. 18.
- Hollywood Theater: 501 Delaware, Leavenworth, “Legally Blonde, The Musical,” closes Aug. 9.
- Just Off Broadway Theatre: 3051 Central, “Echoes of Octavia,” closes Aug. 24.
- Mystery Train Theater: Several locations, “Legally Dead,” closes August 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “South Pacific,” closes Aug. 24.
- Paradise Playhouse Dinner Theatre: 101 Spring, Excelsior Springs, “Weekend Comedy,” closes Aug. 9.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Great Duets of Musical Theatre,” closes Aug. 17.
- Theatre in the Park: 7900 Renner, Lenexa, “Ragtime,” closes Aug. 9.