The lackluster Heroes of Cosplay aired on August 20 with a stop at Emerald City Comicon in Seattle, WA. With attendance twice that of Portland, it's one of the largest conventions in the pacific northwest. The stakes are higher, get it?
And our contestants this episode:
- "Supernerd" Chloe Dykstra, who also hails from the Nerdist. Chloe's concern is that if she screws up she'll be accused of being a "fake geek girl." Really? Chloe decides to be Lydia Deetz from the Beetlejuice cartoon, along with a sandworm prop.
- Monika Lee, who has been cosplaying for seven years, decides to attend as a steampunk version of the Batman villainess Poison Ivy. Monika was "discovered" by Yaya at the age of 13.
- Riki LeCotey, a cosplayer with ten years experience, decides to create Hellboy's little sister, Hellgirl.
- Jesse decides to attend as a steampunk version of Star Wars villain stormtroopers.
- Victoria's boyfriend Jinyo comes up with the idea of going in a Tron-themed dress.
To see how they fared, view the list.
Want more? Subscribe to this column; follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar. Become an Examiner and get paid to write today!