Many Chicago-land golf courses have water hazards that cross their fairways. Golf course designers construct these courses so that golfers do not need to wade through the water hazards to get to the putting greens; therefore, they design bridges over the water hazards. Chicago-land, golf course bridges are in Cook County.
None of Chicago-land, golf course bridges cross rivers or lakes. The largest bodies of water that these bridges cross are canals. The smallest bodies of water that these bridges cross are pools.
Chicago Park District golf courses consist of six golf courses. Of the nine holes courses, of which there are five, only Marquette Golf Course has bridges; it has two. Jackson Park Golf Course, which is the only, 18 holes course, has one bridge.
Forest Preserve golf courses consist of 10 courses. The following are the bridges at some of these courses: Burnham = 1, Caldwell = 1, Chick Evans = 5, Edgebrook = 3 and River Oaks = 3. The other, five golf courses, which are George Dunne, Highland, Indian Boundary, Joe Louis and Meadowlark, do not have any bridges.
The following list describes 10 bridges. These bridges are on one, Chicago Park District golf course and two, Forest Preserve golf courses. This list also contains two bridges at Evanston-Wilmette Community Golf Course, and one mini-bridge at Douglas Park’s, miniature golf course.
- Chick Evans 9th Bridge-Wooden
- Chick Evans 10th Bridge-Concrete
- Concrete-Chick Evans 17th Hole Bridge
- Concrete Bridge-Chick Evans 18th Hole
- Douglas Park 3rd Hole-Mini-Bridge
- Evanston-Wilmette 7th Hole Bridge
- Evanston-Wilmette G.C. 14th Metallic-Wooden Bridge
- Jackson Park G.C. 11th Hole Metallic-Wooden Bridge
- Metallic-Wooden Bridge Chick Evans 14th Hole
- River Oaks G.C. Creek Bridge-Wooden