Temptation at the Station will be held on Friday Oct. 25 at Union Station. The benefit sponsored by The Bacchus Foundation and Ink Magazine is billed as THE Halloween party. All proceeds go to local children’s charities. The party will include a laser light show, 16 bars, four hours of complimentary adult beverages and costume contests. The Ink Magazine costume contest offer $5,000 in cash prizes and trips. Tickets are $45 and VIP tickets are $85, contact www.temptationatthestation.com for tickets and additional information.
Several sporting events take place this weekend. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K will be held in Liberty on Saturday. Zombies will take to the grounds of the Kansas City Renaissance Festival site for the Running Dead 5K. Race through the Zombie Attack Zones towards the finish line when you sign up as a human. The undefeated Kansas City Chiefs take on the Cleveland Browns on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are the only undefeated team remaining in the NFL. Kick-off for the game will be at noon.
Live theatre Oct. 25 to Oct. 27:
- Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut, “Big Love”, closes Oct. 27.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Dracula: The Journal of Jonathan Harker”, closes Oct. 27.
- H & R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “How I Became a Pirate”, closes Nov. 9.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Spencer Theater 49 and Cherry, “The Foreigner”, closes Nov. 3.
- KC Actors Theatre: Muehlebach Funeral Home, 13th and Central, “Three Viewings”, closes Nov. 10.
- Music Hall: 13th and Central, “Wicked”, closes Oct. 27.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Carrie: The Musical”, closes Nov. 2.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Your Hit Parade”, closes Oct. 27.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Seminar”, closes Nov. 10.