Summer is here and what better way to start your day than with a quick wheat free breakfast cookie. These four ingredient cookies are quick to make and disappear even faster! With a base of peanut butter, oats and an egg, you can customize to your own palate, or that of your kids. Our little ones love them plain or with chocolate. Yum!
1 cup peanut butter (we used 1/2 c Kraft Light & 1/2 cup natural peanut butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg white
1 cup oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
4. Scoop out dough by the tablespoon and roll into a ball.
5. Place on baking sheet two inches apart and flatten slightly with a fork making a criss cross pattern.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Do not overbake.
Recipe makes approximately 30 cookies depending on how big you scoop out the dough.
Customize your cookies
Here are some suggestions to add to your breakfast cookies to amp up the goodness and add different flavours:
Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate. Dark chocolate is a our favourite.
Cranberries, dried blueberries, apricots or any other dried fruit
Nuts - chopped almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts
**NOTE: This recipe also works well with almond butter for those with peanut allergies.