What could be better eats than a perfectly cooked chicken wing? It’s a party pleaser!
Whether you like your wings glazed with sticky sauce or crispy-crunchy with baked-on dry spices, the foolproof technique to cook the wings is the same. Use a rack, an essential kitchen tool.
Foolproof Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Serves 2 as a main dish or more for hors d’oeuvres
Game day Tip: Can be made ahead and reheated uncovered, in a warm oven or the cool side of your grill
· 1 lb. chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
· 1 tbs. kosher salt
· 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1. Wash and thoroughly dry your separated chicken wings and place in large bowl. Toss with salt and pepper to coat evenly.
2. Place a kitchen rack over a sheet pan lined with foil, adding your wings down in a single layer.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat your oven to 425’.
5. Remove tray of wings from your refrigerator and roast for 40 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.
For plain seasoned wings:
· Bake for 4 more minutes, turning once more halfway through the cooking process or until your wings are brown and crispy.
· Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
For sticky sauce wings: Try our Lemony-Ginger foolproof wings
· After your initial 40 minutes of cooking, remove wings to a clean bowl and toss with your ½ cup of your favorite sauce. Add back to rack and cook for 4 more minutes, turning once midway through the cooking process.
· Serve with extra dipping sauce.