Dinners are a great way to get together talk and just share your day with each other. Even if you order take out you can still encourage conversation if the TV is off and everyone is together. Try to make this become a part of your family culture. To help with this I included a great recipe for dinner.
I enjoy eating great food! And living a healthy lifestyle can sometimes feel like all the good stuff has to go out the window too, but I have this awesome recipe for a pot pie, I hope you try it and find success with it. I am by no means a chef but I do want great tasting food that is vegan! Do enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
1/2-3/4 cup of Earth Balance butter or vegetable shortening. ( You can use half butter and half margarine)
2-3 cups unbleached flour 1 cold cup water
Mix well together in a bowl, add water as needed, roll into a ball and refrigerate for at least half hour.
1 cup sliced mushrooms 1/2cups thinly sliced onions and garlic
1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice 1-2 tbsp olive oil
1-1 1/2 vegetable broth 3/4 tsp celtic sea salt
2tbsp unbleached flour 1/2tsp black pepper
1 cup vegetables of your choice. (I use mixed vegetables)
1/2 cup of lentils, beans, tofu or meat substitute
2 or 3 diced potatoes
- Saute onions and garlic in oil, add mushrooms, cook until soft.
- Add milk and flour to mushrooms, mix in salt and pepper. (The mixture will thicken).
- Stirring, add in lentils, potatoes and vegetables, add vegetable broth to cover over the ingredients.
- Turn fire on medium heat and let it all cook slowly for 20-30 minutes, stirring when needed.
- Put oven on at 350 degrees, while filling is cooking, remove the pie crust, roll out the dough placing the bottom crust into your pie dish. After all the ingredients in the filling are cooked pour out the filling into the dish, using the remainder of the dough to cover over the filling. You can make the crust to suit your fancy.
- Place into the oven and bake until golden brown. After it cools, serve with a salad and enjoy.
*If you liked this article, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. Follow Kizzy on Facebook and Twitter.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.