In Phoenix, we have glorious spring weather right now. Spring calls for lighter recipes with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Indian cuisine has some very light recipes which are ideal for spring entertaining. Here is a list of five Indian recipes that can be used for everyday dining and also for entertaining guests.
1. Indo-Thai Chili paneer: A great fusion cuisine that combines the spices and vegetables of Thai cuisine with Indian food staples like paneer (Indian cottage cheese). Also, a good substitute for vegetarians, as all the ingredients are either diary based or fresh vegetables. You can get the recipe with the article http://www.examiner.com/article/spring-fusion-recipe-thai-chili-paneer
2. Bread dumplings with vegetables: An easy dish which doubles up as an appetizer and also an entrée. You can use any kinds of vegetables like carrots, baby corn, green beans, bell peppers etc to go with the dumplings. This recipe is also good for vegetarians if you substitute the egg in the dumpling with chickpea flour. The recipe is at http://www.examiner.com/article/spring-recipe-bread-dumplings-with-harve...
3. Lemon vermicelli: This is a light dish that uses vermicelli pasta mixed with some spices, lentils and a dash of lime. It is easy to make and doubles up as a brunch or lunch item.
4. Fresh fruit trifle: It is a simple desert where slices or angel food is alternated with layers of custard and fresh fruit. Easy to make and delicious.
5. Sweet Lassi: It is a yogurt based drink where plain yogurt is whipped with some sugar and spices. Super refreshing specially with spicy food.