The National Garden Festival is over for another year, but hopefully gardeners took a lot away from the six-week-long garden party. The Buffalo Gardening Examiner attended four garden walks this year, taking numerous photos of gardening trends, popular plants and unique garden features. Here is some of what she – and other garden walkers – saw this summer.
· Water features and bike décor are still popular
· Unique containers make for interesting conversations – among the containers seen were toy trucks, shells and chairs
· Succulents are back in a big way – in gardens, in containers and in some extraordinary places
· Hell strips – also known as right-of-ways, between the street and the sidewalk – are becoming more and more popular in the Buffalo area
· Buffalo-style garden art is an art form all its own
Dates and events for the 2014 National Garden Festival will be released early next year – the Buffalo Gardening Examiner will have the information when it becomes available. Keep an eye on nationalgardenfestival.com for more information as well.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com