Intro: Coming up with Father's Day meal ideas means more than just barbecuing some burgers or dabbing some whipped cream on dad's favorite dessert recipe (although it can be those things, too!) Really, good Father's Day recipes should reflect the man you're trying to honor as well as bring some element of festivity to the party. This is particularly true if you're making food stuffs as Dad's Day gifts.
Below, you'll find recipes and ideas for whatever meal you're making for the guy in your life, whether it's your dad, brother, husband, uncle or grandpa. If you're wondering what to cook for Father's Day, you'll find plenty of ideas to get you started.
You'll also get some pointers for making Father's Day gifts baskets filled with tasty treats, coffees, and pastries. These pointers should help you develop some personalized Father's Day gifts that speak specifically to your dad and his tastes.
Father's Day Food Gifts
My favorite Father's Day crafts revolve around turning food into art or at least a beautiful gift basket. When my dad was still alive, he loved getting those scrumptious boxes filled with food stuffs like cheese and nut rolls, crackers, flavored coffees and the like. In short, if these presents involved food, they were great Father's Day gifts!
I'm still on the look out for good Dad's Day gifts that revolve around food; after all, I still have a lot of amazing men in my life from my little brother to close male friends. I have found that a nice Father's Day gift basket still adds a nice touch to this special day. And I have plenty of Father's Day food ideas to fill ten gift baskets.
Some great things to put into a Dad's Day basket include:
- Different kinds of wine -- don't forget the cork screw and wine glasses!
- Cheeses like brie, cheddar, and provolone
- Cutting boards
- Fruit and veggies
- Coffees, teas, mugs and flavored creams
- Chocolate and candies if he has a sweet tooth
- His favorite recipe if this Father's Day food basket will become a picnic basket (see the recipes below)
Click here to be taken to instructions on how to make this Father's Day wine gift box.
Click here for some Father's Day gift basket ideas on Pinterest.
Father's Day Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
While many people concentrate on Dad's Day dinner recipes, there's no reason for you to not start the day off right on dad's special day. You can start off with some toasted banana bread, some fruit and cheese, eggs or even breakfast casserole. Yum! It's a Father's Day breakfast that your dad or husband will remember for a long time.
Father's Day Dinner Ideas Plus Things to do for Dad's Day BBQ
If your clan is anything like my clan, a Father's Day barbecue or dinner party is an all-day affair. One of my favorite ideas for Father's Day came from an occasion from my childhood. We spent the day in the park, riding the paddle boats, eating from our Father's Day picnic baskets and generally playing around.
Below, you'll find Father's Day recipes for dinner, no matter where you have it. The links below include information about BBQ meals, picnics, cookouts and dinner at home. Bon Appetit! You'll also get recipes for Father's Day desserts recipes and appetizers.
- Simple Egg Salad Recipe with Mushrooms
- Spring Appetizers: Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus, Shrimp Cocktails...
- Grape Jelly Meatballs Appetizer
- Maryland Crab Cakes
- Grilling Recipes: Pork, Beef, Etc
- Healthy Cole Slaw Recipe for BBQs
- Ribeye Recipe for the George Foreman Grill
- Prime Rib Cooking Times Plus Recipes
- Five Recipes for Fried Chicken
- Oreo Cheesecake with Cookie Crust
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels (Great in the Father's Day Gift Baskets!)