These extra-large ice cube trays are the perfect size for iced tea. They melt much slower than traditional ice cubes creating the perfect way to cool it down without watering it down. Mighty Leaf Iced Tea is all natural and free of sugar, calories, and artificial flavors and comes in sizes ready to make a half-gallon of tea with one bag. It is made in northern California and comes in Green, Black, Calypso Mango and Ginger Peach flavors.
• Prepare your iced tea with filtered or bottled water. Avoid tap, distilled, or mineral water.
• Prepare the tea as you would hot tea, then chill it quickly by adding ice. Start by boiling 4 cups water (filtered or bottled). Be sure not to over- boil the water as it makes flat tasting tea.
• How many tea pouches to use? A tea pouch usually makes 12 ounces of tea, 1 ½ cups. Use 2 – 3 tea pouches for 4 cups of water. If you plan to add a lot of ice, use 3 tea bags. Mighty Leaf makes an Iced Tea Pouch™ perfectly portioned to steep in 4 cups of boiling water.
• Hot water is key! Add the tea pouch right after you turn off the heat. There is one exception. When preparing iced tea made from green tea, let the water cool for about 5 minutes before steeping.
• Be sure that each tea pouch is completely immersed in the water and move it back and forth several times to maximize water flow through the bag.
• Steep 4 to 5 minutes for black teas, 3 minutes for green teas. Use a timer and be careful not to steep any longer to avoid bitter-tasting tea.
• Pour into a heat safe half gallon pitcher and add ice to the top.
• Preparing sun tea is not recommended for the same reasons you would not leave food outside in the sun.