Spring Break vacation is the perfect time to devour books with your child, and introduce the love of reading simply for pleasure.
Find a new -to your family- book for spring break. Choose and begin the book together. Conversation and reflection about what you and your children read during spring break is one of the most important tools toward comprehension.
· Spring break is a great time to find new hobbies, interests, passions to hook them into reading.
· This spring break read at least one book as a family, then see the movie as a family.
· Load new eBooks into your device for spring break.
· One evening or day this spring break have a reading party day. Fill the family room with books, sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows. Keep the meals simple, the whole day is about of sharing books, magazines, sharing favorite parts, words, ideas, in your most comfortable clothes.
· Spring break is a time Parents can fire up their child’s motivation. When parents read with their, at all ages, they can connect with their child answering questions and instigate discussion.
· It is easy to take home-literacy activities on spring break vacation. While preparing for your family spring break, stock up on books, magazines, ebooks and audio books from your library.
Let this be the spring break, one book at a time, we encourage the love of reading in our family.
Look at the list for more spring break book ideas:
· Deborah Smith Ford’s “The Little Apple”
· Emily’s Sock Monkey: A Great Find! Written by Emily Hough and Sherri Thornhill
· The Boy Who Loved Math: The Improbable Life of Paul Erdos written by Deborah Heiligman illustrated by LeUyen Pham
· Lester's Dreadful Sweaters by KG Campbell
· Mara Rockliff’s "Me and Momma and Big John"
· The Treasure Bed by Pamela June Cohen
· Noah Webster and His Words -written by Jeri Chase Ferris, illustrated by Vincent X. Kirsch
· Kathleen T. Pelley’s book The Sandal Artist
Rhonda Cratty includes her experiences of 30 years of public school teaching, raising children of her own, and articles written for on-line and hard copy publications -within the pages of Learning at home. Learning at home can be purchased in print or eBook form through Amazon.com. https://www.createspace.com/4605718 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1494917203
For more information please see http://famfunlearn.com/