It's official. We're down to our very last days of summer. We all had our fun in the sun, but now it's time to keep the fun going into the fall. Here's just a sampling of what you can do in the New York City area to enjoy all that fall has to offer:
- Visit a festival. If you're in NYC why not take some time to go visit the San Gennaro feast? It's located in the heart of Little Italy and showcases the best Italian food in New York from September 12- September 22. If you aren't feeling the huge crowds, you can take the ferry over to Staten Island and enjoy the Greek Festival at Holy Trinity - St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church on September 6-8 and 13-15.
- Go to a football game. Football season started last night and has everyone in a frenzy. Take a nice drive or train ride over to MetLife Stadium and cheer on the Giants or Jets with friends and family.
- Go to a baseball game. Football not your style? You still have a few more weeks of baseball to enjoy. It's Mariano Rivera's last season in New York, so go take the subway down to the Bronx to experience the greatest closer of all time before he retires.
- Get in touch with your inner geek at Comic-Con. Maybe sports aren't your thing. Grab one of the few remaining tickets to New York's Comic-Con held at the Javits Center on October 10-13. You only have until 11:59 tonight (September 6th)!
- Go to the beach. It won't be as warm, but Atlantic City, Montauk and other beachy areas are still alive and kicking. Plus side to the cooler weather near the beaches: less people.
- Go to the mountains. If you have an extra 2 hours, the town of New Paltz upstate has some pretty amazing views from the top. Take a drive up go apple picking in town and then do some exploring at the Mohonk Mountain House. You won't be disappointed.
Again, this list only touches on all the fun events you can partake in during the fall in New York. Take a look at what's out there and make the most of the NYC fall season.