Just three artists remain in last night's season finale. Rashaad, Tyler, and George face off on Face Off for a chance to win VIP a trip from Kryolan to one of their 85 international locations, a brand new 2014 Fiat 500, and $100,000. The final spotlight challenge is to create two rival alien races who battle each other in a laser light show dance-off . As usual with Face Off, each of them picks two of their former competitors to join the team.
The three finalists
And the competitors are:
- Rashaad, Daran, and Cat (Ursa Major): Different color schemes, where the females have natural bioluminescence and the males hunt them so that they can see.
- Tyler, Graham, and Chloe (Leo): Dark demonic looking male and a lighter, sleeker female.
- George, Corinne, and Nico (Cetus): Female with a jellyfish feel to her, and male more of a crustacean.
The Dance Off
The challenges are typical: sculpting makeup that's flexible enough, glows in the dark, and looks different enough to distinguish the designs from each other. The problem with the finale was that it was a dance party, filled with laser lights, spotlights, flashing lights, and a lot of noise. Lots of fun if you're out dancing, not so much fun if you're trying to get a good look at the makeups in action.
The dancers in a big jumble
Here's how they netted out:
- Tyler: His red male with glowing dreadlocks and a hollowed out chest looks pretty cool, his female looks somewhat boring but is very sleek.
- Rashaad: A blue male and a red female with a burn on her face (that was an accident in the makeup creation). The bioluminescence on the female really highlighted her face.
- George: Male and female are heavy on sculpt, but their colors are muddy and the same. George was never a serious competition anyway -- he was dragged along to make it a three-way battle.
And the winner is...Rashaad! He had it in the bag all along.