With Earth Day approaching, families become a little more conscious of their willingness to recycle. One common complaint about eco-friendly approaches is that it is too hard. Entenmann's has teamed with TerraCycle in the campaign, Little Bites Recycle, Reuse, Replenish.
Here are some easy top to your family on the road to a more eco-friendly lunch.
- Check-it: look for numbers and recycling
symbols on plastics to know what types get reused
- Not sure what to do with your Little Bites pouches? Now you can recycle them with the TerraCycle program and sign up for your school if they are not already. Check out what other lunch items TerraCycle recycles here: http://www.terracycle.com/en-
- Put your sandwich in reusable lunchbox container to take home and use over again
- Before you toss anything away, stop to think about ways you might be able to use it again. TerraCycle’s team of designers makes products out of wrappers and packaging. Check out http://www.terracycle.com/
en-US/do-it-yourself-projects. html for ideas.
- Have any leftovers from lunch? Before you throw away, make sure to check out what biodegradable foods can be brought back home to be added to a compost pile
- Make a compost at home! Be sure to include the three basic ingredients: Browns (dead leaves, branches, twigs, cardboard, newspaper), Greens (grass clippings, vegetable waste, fruit scraps, coffee grounds) and Water to make an effective outdoor composting area. Check out more info from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) here: http://www2.epa.gov/recycle/