Miss Kay Robertson from 'Duck Dynasty' shared some special recipes with us a while back. Have you tried her biscuits? You can read about those recipes here. Her biscuits taste like Cracker Barrel biscuits, and they are made with Sprite and sour cream. She rolls and cuts them, and then dips them in an iron skillet full of melted butter.
However, as usual here on the Knoxville Cooking Examiner, here is a quicker and easier method of making her delicious, moist biscuits. They are so fluffy that they literally fall apart just like the ones at Cracker Barrel. After you make these once, you will be able to turn them out and in the oven in literally less than five minutes.
2 ¼ cups to 2 ½ cups of Bisquick (Pioneer Mix, or any Biscuit mix)
½ cup of Sprite (You can use the store brand lemon-lime)
1 cup of original sour cream, not fat-free
1 stick of butter or margarine
- Preheat 375 degrees.
- Start out with 2 cups of Bisquick. You can add more after the liquids are added.
- Add Sprite and stir well. (This part is like a science experiment!)
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Place half of butter in a 8” by 11” pan.
- Spoon the biscuits into the pan in big blobs.
- Pour the rest of melted butter on top of biscuits.
- Bake around 10 minutes or until golden brown, checking often.
- You may need to cut the biscuits apart with a spatula.
Be sure and follow @barbiecrafts on Twitter.
Would you like to subscribe to the Knoxville Cooking Examiner? You will get the column and all its deliciousness delivered to your email inbox when a new article is published. All that is necessary is an email address. Click Here to Subscribe Free of Charge.