When residing in a spacious home the formal dining room is often a space reserved for holiday dining and party entertaining leaving the family to enjoy meals in a cozy kitchen nook. Smaller cottage sized homes and apartments often do not afford the space to offer a room just for dining. Tinier living spaces can leave the occupants huddling over a coffee table or kitchen counter to eat meals. For the cozier abode, tables that can easily transform from one piece of furniture to a space for dining is a wonderful furnishing opportunity.
Taking a lesson from boats and RV's with furnishings that perform double-duty turning dining tables into beds and seating, the same premise can be used to create a beautiful decor in a smaller living environment. With planning and shopping fun one can add additional functionality to the furnishings dressing up the cozy abode.
Simply transform an everyday coffee table up to dining height.
Sitting in front of the TV eating can be comfortable for one or two but sometimes one wants a romantic meal at a real dining table or a place to serve a small family.
- Furnish using a round coffee table with nested ottomans that actually raises to dining table height. Pull out the ottomans and there is on the spot table seating to serve four people.
- flip out the leaf from the console and move it out for an instant table to set for dining.
Imagine hiding a dining table in plain sight to fit a room full of visiting hungry guests.
So you want to have the family over to your lovely, but small, apartment for the holidays but prefer them not gathering to eat buffet style lining up on the sofa and sitting on the floor. Easily furnish with a beautiful coffee or console table that transforms into a dining table for guests to enjoy a meal at their very own table setting.
- Simply raise up the coffee table as if like magic to dining table height and extend with leaves to create a table large enough to accommodate the seating needed for a festive meal.
- Stretch out a console table from against a wall or a sofa and turn it into a fully fledged dining room table required to fit the number of people visiting.
The workday is over so turn the desk into a cozy loveseat.
Having a desk to spread out on when working at home may be necessary but it is also important to have a space to relax in after the workday is over.
- Decorate with a unique desk that transforms magically into a cushioned sofa to relax upon and also extends to work as a dining table too.
A smaller abode does not mean one must lose out on decor amenities. Use imagination and have fun shopping for unique furnishings that will accommodate double-duty needs. Life is not about how much you have but what you do with what you have been given. Be creative using the given space to its fullest. Never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.