He is one of the most successful entrepreneurs across a wide spectrum of different businesses (see attached list to learn some of the things Trump is doing). From real estate holdings to hotels to office buildings to gambling casinos, Donald Trump has proven himself to be a great business builder and leader.
Trump is sharing the best advice he has ever received in his book "The Way to the Top”. It is not a book filled simply with his own advice. Instead he has included interviews and business studies from other great entrepreneurs whom he asked what the top advice was they received. There are very common threads and unique application of the words he heard.
Among the more than 100 successful businesspeople interviewed are Barbara Berger, president of Food City Markets; Thomas Chen, president of Crystal Window and Door Systems; and Thomas J. Barrack, CEO of Colony Capital. One of the most interesting is Barbara Corcoran, founder of the Corcoran Real Estate Group, because we see her in action regularly as one of the investors on the hit television series “Shark Tank”. Shark Tank appears Fridays nights at 9:00 on WXYZ-TV, channel 7.
He also interviewed leaders at some Fortune 500 companies including Staples, American Airlines and Boeing.
This book is a valuable resource for building a career or business but also serves as great reading for self-development and entertainment.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Top books for those in leadership
- First, Break All the Rules: What the world's greatest managers do differently.
- 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees: A manager's guide to addressing performance, conduct and discipline challenges.
- The Ant and the Elephant: Leadership for the self.
- The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan: How to take charge, build your team, and get immediate results