Most people have never equated the interviewing process to the dating process but once you have read Daterviewing you will not only understand the similarities you will begin daterviewing.
Written for business professionals at all levels and companies of all sizes, the book is a deep dive into the fundamentals of emotion, where prejudices run rampant and first impressions rule. Written by nationally known interviewing and staff-retention strategist Greg Churchman, the book provides a wealth of information in a very memorable format.
The correlation to dating is easy to grasp, particularly given his five Ss of the recruiting process. As the author points out, "A poor choice in any relationship can be very costly, both financially and emotionally." Now doesn't that sound like dating?
If you are like most unemployed Michiganders you have become tired of the same old interviewing style. Try this book’s approach and the rejuvenation just might get you the next job you attempt.
For additional great books about interviewing, see the attached list.
Other articles and white papers of interest:
- Additional job search tips– home page for several articles
- Grow your resume– educational, certification, and other ways to enhance your resume
- Job search myths– a series separating myths from reality for job seekers.
- Management styles- three types.
- Corporate structures- from entrepreneur to conglomerate.
Top advice during your job search
- How to Find a Job: When There Are No Jobs: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions.
- Your Social Media Job Search: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!