This crispy pepper and onion casserole is a quick and easy recipe because it uses frozen peppers and onions. It will become one of your family's favorite side dishes. It is colorful and flavorful, adding interest to the meal. It goes with anything, especially pork.
- Frozen peppers and onions: One Bag (I use Kroger’s)
- Margarine or butter: 2 Tablespoons for dish plus enough to generously dot the top.
- Shredded sharp cheddar: 1 cup
- Any type of cracker: ¾ of a sleeve
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder: generous sprinkles
- Cayenne pepper: Tiny dash
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen peppers and two tablespoons of water in a microwavable dish with a lid. Cook in microwave for five minutes and drain very well.
- Add butter and seasonings. Place in a well-oiled, oven proof dish. (Sometimes I use the same one!)
- Top with cheese.
- Crumble crackers and dot with generous blobs of butter.
- Bake uncovered until the top of the pepper casserole is a beautiful and crisp golden color.