Food has become such an integral part of holidays. Here are a few Halloween treats to whip up with your children that promise to surprise and delight. Each recipe was created to be prepared with an adult.
Creepy Blood Juice filled with bugs
· 2 packages of frozen strawberries, defrosted
· 1 cup of frozen blueberries, defrosted
· 1 cup of dried blueberry raisins
· 1 can of pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
· 1 quart of lemon/lime pop
· 6 gummy worms
1. Mash strawberries in a bowl with a fork
2. In a pitcher mix strawberries, lemonade, and pop.
3. Place blueberries and raisins into 6 glasses. Pour liquid over the fruit. (The blueberries and raisins will float.)
4. Drape one gummy worm over each rim of each glass.
Serve as bug juice
Eyeballs and worms
· 1 ½ pounds of ground beef
· 1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
· ½ cup oatmeal
· 1 small can of tomato sauce
· 1 egg
· 1 teaspoon of Italian spice
· 1 jar of pimiento-stuffed olives
· 1 jar spaghetti sauce
· 1 package spaghetti
Preheat oven to 350
Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, oatmeal, tomato sauce, egg, spice until well blended. Form the mixture into about 20 eyeball-size balls. Then press an olive, pimiento side out, into each eyeball.
Place eyeballs into a baking dish and cover with spaghetti sauce. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
20 minutes before eyeballs are done fill a large pot with water and follow package directions to cook spaghetti.
Place spaghetti on platter and gently arrange eyeballs on top. Soon sauce from pan on top of spaghetti.
· 10 apples
· 9 T. lemon juice
· 2 T. cinnamon
· 2 T. sugar or sugar substitute like Splenda
· 1 t. allspice
· 1 t. cloves
Soak apples in juice for 6 minutes.
Pat dry with paper towels
Sprinkle on spices.
You can dry apples slices in oven at 150-200 degree for 6 hours;
Or Dry in a dehydrator
Find more recipes is slide show, see links below for more Halloween ideas: