In a recent report, Consumer Rankings compared dating websites for best features, cost, services and customer lifestyle preferences. The Feb. 3, report findings list five websites as the best dating sites of 2013.
Consumer Rankings analyzed the following categories to determine how well the dating sites compared in each area.
1. Membership base: Choosing a site with a large, established membership base simply equates to more options. In the narrowing-down process of personal choices, whether you are looking for a mate and considering a certain, height, weight, education level, background, hobbies, and unique interest to match your interest. Smaller sites may not have much of a selection when all personal preferences are considered.
2. Dating site price: Price may be a deal-breaker for someone on a strict budget or fixed income. If you are new to online dating you may not perceive the cost in relation to the value. Larger sites can afford to offer a short, free trial membership, prior to committing.
3. Search options and algorithms: Compatibility matching services offered by top dating sites have successfully suggested thousands of long-term matches based on personality, scientific dimensions of compatibility and other specific qualities.
4. Niche dating categories: Niche categories consider additional matching factors that may or may not be important depending on the individual. Religious, political, martial status e.g. single/never married or divorced, single parent etc.
5. Privacy and security: These features protect your personal information and identity when communicating with others online.
6. Communication features; This area covers the ways in which you can contact a person of interest, email, instant messaging, chat room, or system prepared flirt options.
7. Customer Support: Technical support, customer service by email and by phone, and billing assistance are some of the features that sites offer.
8. Special dating site features: Personality assessments, mobile access to your account are some of the features offered. Some sites offer "real world" mixer events, and group travel opportunities.
9. Online dating news and advice: Some sites offer trends in dating, success stories, safety reminders, and dating advice on how to navigate the world of online dating.