Commercial air service is coming to Oakland County International Airport this summer thanks to Lakeshore Express Aviation. Yesterday the unconventional airline announced service from Oakland County to Chicago’s Midway Airport will begin in June 2013.
Lakeshore Express is an unconventional airline as they do not use the main terminal of an airport. Instead they use the private or executive terminals located on the outskirts of an airport. At Oakland County Lakeshore will use the Stargate terminal on M-59. It is the same terminal used by major corporations for their private fleets.
Another unconventional aspect of Lakeshore is the aircraft they use. Updated Saab aircraft have been reformatted to give a private aircraft feel with first-class legroom at every seat.
Passengers will enjoy free snacks and cocktails during the one-hour flight and they will not be charged extra for baggage as long as it is within weight restrictions.
Once in Chicago, Lakeshore’s unique service allows passengers to travel from private terminals, on the grounds of major airports. Flying from private terminals allows customers to avoid the stress and congestion related to commercial air travel, including the ability to check-in and complete security screenings in less than 3 minutes.
See the attached list for great sights in Chicago.
Helpful article series
- 7 Deadly sins of signage.
- 5 Deadly small business mistakes.
- Top tips for using Linked In- a series of the top three best practices for using Linked In to build business.
- Top marketing mistakes- includes a humorous video of leading marketing mistakes.
- Differentiate the right way- a series of articles about best practices in attracting customers.
Business development by the numbers