Clint Eastwood was born in California in 1930. He came from working class folk. He moved around a lot as a kid. His parents would have to look for work and they went where the work was good. Clint was able to graduate from high school and even did some time at community college. He left before graduating to take up acting. He did some TV acting and even had a hit with the show Rawhide in the 1950's. He would do some small parts in the early years but it was the 1960's and the spaghetti westerns that would make him a household name here in America. In the early 70's with the Dirty harry movies he would become a superstar. He has directed movies for decades and has turned into an excellent Actor/Director. Which in the film business means you will make a load of money. He has been politically active and has been mayor of his community. Here are what I consider to be his best movies. Yes I know I could be wrong but that is what makes America great. Everybody has an opinion and here's mine.
10. Paint Your Wagon (1969) - A musical with the story line about a farmer and a prospector who form a partnership and build a town. Now these two men share everything and I do mean everything. They turn a mining camp into a boom town. It is one heck of movie to watch. The cast includes stars Lee Marvin, Harve Presnell, Ray Walston, and Jean Seberg.
9. The Gauntlet (1977) - A detective is sent to Las Vegas, Nevada to pick up a prostitute and bring her back to Arizona. Now this is a very high price call girl and she is supposed to testify in a trial about what she knows. The problem is nobody wants them to make it back. Sondra Locke, Pat Hingle, and William Prince also star.
8. Heartbreak Ridge (1986) - A Marine Gunnery Sergeant likes to drink and when he does he likes to tear up the place. Now Gunny is at the end of his career and he wants to end it doing Recon. Well, he is given a platoon of misfits that he must whip into shape. This cast includes Marsha Mason, Everett McGill, Moses Gunn, and Mario Van Peebles.
7. In The Line Of Fire (1993) - A Secret Service Agent who was on the Kennedy detail when the President was shot still has memories of that dreadful day. He gets harassed because of the fact that he lost a President while on duty. Years later he is getting info about what an assassin is doing while he goes after the President. He is able to get back on the Presidential detail and tries to catch the guy before he can take out the President. This film also stars John Malkovich, Rene Russo, Dylan McDermott, and Fred Dalton Thompson.
6. Kelly's Heroes (1970) - Kelly captures a German officer who has knowledge of millions in gold bars in a bank 30 miles behind enemy lines. Kelly has to talk the rest of the platoon and the sergeant into risking their lives while they have a 3 day pass. He is able to get them to go for it and that is where the fun begins. Telly Savalas, Don Rickles, Carroll O' Connor, Donald Sutherland, and Gavin Macleod round out this cast.
5.The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) - Josie was a farmer until his family was killed by Yankees in the Civil War. He sided with the Confederacy and at the end of the war he was supposed to surrender his arms and go on back home. He refused and was hunted down. Now Josie, at heart ,was a peaceful man but if you pushed him he would push back. The cast includes Chief Dan George, Sondra Locke, Bill McKinney, and John Vernon.
4. Space Cowboys (2000) - A Russian Satellite with an American guidance system is headed back to Earth. Now this wouldn't be that big of a deal but it was a relic from the cold war and it had things on it that the Russians didn't want the world to know about. So NASA tries to get the original inventor to fix the system so that all will be well. The problem is the former astronaut/inventor was scrubbed along with his team and they still have a chip on their shoulder about it. Finally the old men win out and get to go up in space only to find out what the Russians have been hiding. The movie stars Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, James Garner, James Cromwell, and William Devane.
3. Dirty Harry (1971) - A San Francisco Detective is called in to hunt down a person by the name of Scorpio who is terrorizing the city. Now if anyone is going to get this killer it's Harry Callahan. He's the baddest cop around. This classic cast includes Andrew Robinson, John Vernon, and Harry Guardino.
2. The Bridges Of Madison County (1995) - While a woman's family is out of town a stranger knocks at the door looking for an old covered bridge. Now the community has many and over a four day period the woman and the stranger look over the old bridges and over each other. You see the woman has died and her children are going through her stuff and come across some journals the woman wrote about those four glorious days. Meryl Streep, Annie Corley, and Victor Slezak also star.
1. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (1966) - Three men are going after the same thing. Blondie (The Pro Gunslinger), Angel Eyes (The Hit Man), and Tuco ( The Outlaw) are all going after some gold. Gold that was hidden in a cemetery in an unmarked grave. They need each other up to a point and they are always trying to get one another out of the picture. The movie also stars Eli Wallach, and Lee Van Cleef.
Clint Eastwood has become a legend in the film industry. In front of the camera or behind it he is at home. A man who came from so humble of roots is now one of the greatest actors of all time. His films will be viewed in the decades to come and will bring audiences far and wide to see the legend, the man, the star, of some of the best movies of all time. Enjoy.