Gathering Christmas wreath ideas for Christmas counts as priority one for the home decorating crafter, myself included.
As such, I've been pondering how to make Christmas wreaths over the last several weeks. As such, I do what I always do and turn to the Internet for inspiration. This year, my best ideas have come from both Flickr via Creative Commons and from Amazon, which you can see in the slide show.
Subscribe to my column to get updates on the latest decorating ideas and seasonal trends plus book reviews and interviews. I never give away your personal information.
Tips on Bringing Your Christmas Wreath Crafts to Life
- Use good materials. Your wreath is going to hang outside for several weeks to several months, depending on whether or not you make a wreath for the holiday season or you opt for one that will hang on your door for many seasons.
- Marth Stewart recommends that you keep a container with your wreath supplies stored inside. If you use a plastic container and you have a glue gun, make sure that you don't put the glue gun in the container until it cools off.
- Don't just settle for a few pieces of greenery when you're making your Christmas wreath crafts. Add elements like pinecones, dried fruit or holly leaves.
Supplies You'll Need to do Your Christmas Wreath Crafts
You can go to your local craft store to buy the supplies you need to turn your Christmas wreath ideas into reality. Or you can order wreath supplies online. Here's a partial list of what you'll need to get started. You can add more items to list as your imagination inspires you.
- A metal/ wire wreath frame. You can make small or large Christmas wreaths, depending upon the size of the frame.
- Fishing line
- Florists' wire
- Wire cutters
- Gloves if you're cutting greenery as opposed to buying it
- Decorative elements like berries, ribbons, etc.
Getting Christmas Wreath Ideas From Books: My Top 5 Picks
- Wreaths for All Seasons: If you want to make wreaths for the whole year -- in traditional book form and on Kindle
- How to Make a Christmas Wreath: a step-by-step illustrated guide for complete beginners using a floral foam ring -- A good book to go to to get started if you've never made a wreath before. It's on Kindle.
- Christmas Wreath Making: Pictures and instructions -- short, sweet and to the point. On Kindle.
- Wreath Making Basics: More Than 80 Wreath Ideas: Lots of ideas for all kinds of wreaths! I love this one.
- Deco Mesh Wreaths: An alternative method for making wreaths in paperback only.