Intro: Interested in a chocolate covered strawberry recipe for Valentine's Day? This recipe is popular this time of year, because it's romantic and because chocolate covered strawberries are easy desserts for two to make for this occasion.
In the slide show, you'll find complete instructions for and information about the following:
- Preparing the strawberries for the easy chocolate covered strawberry recipe
- Recipes for milk chocolate and white chocolate strawberry dips
- How to melt chocolate for the dessert for two
- How to dip chocolate covered strawberries
- How to store chocolate covered strawberries if you have to make them ahead of Valentine's Day
- Pictures of chocolate covered strawberries to give you ideas about decorating your desserts for two
Preparing the strawberries
When you're making this easy chocolate covered strawberry recipe, pick through the strawberries carefully to make sure there's no bad spots, no mold and that that strawberry has a good shape
Wash the strawberries thoroughly to make sure that no dirt clings to them. Using a colander works well for making a chocolate covered strawberry recipe, but you may have to inspect each one by hand throughout the process to make sure your Valentine's Day dessert turns out lovely.
After you wash the strawberries, pat them dry. Water droplets on the strawberries ruin the texture of this V-Day dessert.
Don't cut off the leaves. The strawberries will be easier to dip into the melted chocolate and the leaves make the berries a prettier dessert for two.
Other Valentine's Day Desserts to Make
Recipe for chocolate covered strawberries (white and milk chocolate)
Your easy chocolate covered strawberry recipe starts with
- 6-oz of semisweet chocolate
- 3-oz of white chocolate
- 20 strawberries (1 lb)
Both kinds of chocolate should be chopped up. You're going to use the white chocolate to decorate the chocolate dipped strawberries recipe.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper to prep for the next step.
- Get out two bowls and two saucepans.
- You'll need a fork.
How to melt chocolate for the dessert for two
- Place the white chocolate and the dark chocolate for your Valentine's desserts for two into two separate bowls. They should be heatproof.
- Take out two saucepans and fill each one with a few inches of water.
- Allow the water to come to a simmer on the stove. (Medium heat is best.)
- Turn off the stove.
- Put the bowls of chocolate in the saucepans.
- Stir each one until the chocolate for the easy chocolate covered strawberries recipe turns to melted chocolate.
(You can also make this in a double-boiler. Or melt the chocolate in the microwave a minute at a time, giving the chocolates a stir after each minute.)
How to dip chocolate covered strawberries
Take the strawberries by the stem/ leaves and dip them into the dark chocolate. Making a twisting motion with your hand to get rid of any of the extra chocolate. This will make your Valentine's dessert for two look neater.
More Valentine's Day Desserts for Two
How to dip chocolate covered strawberries 2
Place your dipped strawberries recipe onto the parchment paper. This is the setting stage for the easy chocolate covered strawberries recipe.
Need More Valentine's Day Ideas?
How to store chocolate covered strawberries if you have to make them ahead of Valentine's Day
After you've chilled the easy chocolate covered strawberry recipe in the fridge, it's best to serve them.
However, if you can't, take them out of the fridge and store them in a sealed container in a cool spot.
Place layers of parchment paper between each layer of strawberries to keep them looking like the pretty Valentine's desserts for two that they are.
More Easy Valentine's Day Desserts for Two
How to decorate the easy chocolate covered strawberries recipe
- Make designs with the white chocolate onto the dark chocolate dipped strawberries by dipping a fork into the melted white chocolate.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the chocolate dipped strawberries recipe.
- Put the strawberries aside for at least 30 minutes to allow them to set. You can refrigerate at this point, but don't leave them in the fridge. They'll turn milky-looking and get water condensation on them.
Looking for More Valentine's Day Food Gifts?
Pictures of chocolate covered strawberries
Making chocolate covered strawberries is a beautiful way to celebrate Valentine's Day.
This is such a versatile dessert for two. On this and the following slides, you'll find pictures of chocolate covered strawberries to give you some ideas about how to decorate and present this romantic dessert for two on Valentine's Day.
In this picture, you see the chocolate covered strawberries recipe reversed with the white chocolate being the dominant kind.
Pictures of chocolate covered strawberries 2
This chocolate covered strawberry recipe is really, really creative! I love the little tuxedos. If you've had some experience making this dessert for two, you might want to give this design a go.
A Dessert Drink to go With These V-Day Desserts
Pictures of chocolate covered strawberries 3
This is an even easier easy chocolate dipped strawberry recipe. It leaves off the melted white chocolate, but adds some decorative presentation papers.
If you're making this dish as a gift for Valentine's Day, you can make a batch of the easy chocolate covered strawberry recipe, put them in cups and then send them to your Valentine in a heart-shaped box.
How About Some Conversation Heart Cookies?
Pictures of chocolate covered strawberries 4
This is a simple way to serve your chocolate dipped strawberries recipe. You and your Valentine can share one plate, making this a romantic dessert for two this V-Day.
How About Some Chocolate Roses for Valentine's Day?