Homeschooling in Chicagos black neighborhoods should definitely be considered as a replacement for modern schooling.
Modern schooling in Chicago is mediocre, too expensive, violent, divisive, selfish and overall has been a failure to our youth.
Private schools don't cut it and neither do charter schools. Plus there are much deeper reasons why a black family should raise and educate their children in the home. Instead of outsourcing the childs education to someone else.
Home schooling is more affordable
1. Homeschooling is cheaper : You don't have pay taxes, pay thousands of dollars for a private school, can purchase more accurate books for a lower price. The reading material may also be more up to date and may fall more inline with what your child wants to learn.
Black children need their parents
2. Black children in Chicago spend way too much time away from invested adults : Many of our black children already spend too much time around peers and not enough time around adult family members, neighbors or adults in the community.
Violence decreases with homeschoolers
3. There's less violence : Your child is under your watchful eye nearly all day. So they don't have to worry about police, security guards, bullies, teasing, fights etc.You also don't have to worry about them picking up that behavior from others around them.
Chicago school closings
4. Too many Chicago school closings : Chicago has apparently set the record for the amount of school closures in the country. People in Chicago politics seem to be more worried about saving money than the actual education of children.
5. Private schools are overrated and overpriced : Despite the incredible prices for private education. Private school graduates don't seem to be doing that much better than their public school counterparts once they either try college or the work force.
"I think it ultimately comes down to the individual," she said. "I think about what's gotten me to where I am now, and it has nothing to do with having gone to private school." from Ms. Jessica Assaf.
7. People who are home schooled get along better : They got to know their parents better, have a better understanding of self, are more self assured and these more well rounded individuals have a better capacity to get along with other human beings.
Education not indoctrination
8. Children actually learn : Because there A. May not be a grading scale and B. The parent and child can agree on a curriculum for the child. The child may actually WANT to gain knowledge and use that knowledge to do something good for themselves and others. Where as centralized education(indoctrination) gets children trapped in a behavior of follow instructions and make the grade which encourages cheating and minimalism.
Learning is delight
9. Those same children actually learn : Children actually value true learning because they actually figure out what true learning is.
Homeschoolers have healthier socialization
10. Because they have a greater connection to their direct family members : They are more likely to form meaningful friendships and less likely to be in cliques or gangs.
Ward map of Chicago
11. Chicagos physical lay out may actually make homeschooling easier : Because of the different wards in Chicago. It might actually be easier for parents to educate their children as a community or neighborhood.
12. Logistics of Chicagos black population : Because so many of the black neighborhoods of Chicago are more spread out than the Northside or Downtown areas. It would be easier on black children to be home schooled instead of traveling halfway across the city through rough neighborhoods to get a completely mediocre education.