Tired of the same old salsa, try a Southern version of your favorite chip accompaniment. Pair this salsa with chips, crackers, or cornbread. Use it as a relish or an accompaniment to any meat dish. It's a versatile as well as flavorful salsa.
- 2 cups cooked black eyed peas(fresh or canned)
- 3 Large Red tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch Green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, mined more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 2 Jalapeno's, minced (Optional)
- 1 cup Corn (Optional)
1.Mix all ingredients except lime together. Stir well.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Before serving add lime juice and mix well.
4. Serve with chips or crackers.
This salsa is beautiful as well as flavorful.