Two major sporting events are in Kansas City this weekend March 14 through March 16. The Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament at the Sprint Center. The Missouri Comets play the first game of the Championship series on Friday night at 7:35 at the Independence Events Center.
Live theatre March 14 to March 16:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” closes March 16.
- Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut, “When I Come to Die,” closes March 16.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business,” closes April 12.
- Just Off Broadway: 3051 Central, “Jekyll and Hyde the Musical,” She and Her Productions closes March 16.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Night of the Iguana,” closes March 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Godspell,” closes March 23.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “All Sinatra,” closes March 9.
- Spencer Theatre: 4949 Cherry, “Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike,” closes April 6.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Other Desert Cities,” closes March 30.
Aftershock Bar located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Friday March 14 at 8 p.m. the club features the Shadow, Dogs of Delphi, Sarmatian Night, Prometheus Fire-God, and Mending the Broken. Saturday the club features 9 Volt Junkie EP Release Party with 10001, Restraint, Dirt, The Biff Tannens, Dead Man’s Hand, and The Lucky Bastards at 6 p.m.
Davey's Uptown Rambler Club
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. Friday night the club presents Rougher Allstars and Jabberock at 9 p.m. with a cover charge of $7. On Saturday at 8 p.m. the club features Blarney Stoned, Kelighans, and Conacht. Saturday’s cover charge is $7.
Kellys Westport Inn
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District, will feature on stage The Magnetics at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Wonderfuzz takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The RecordBar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 7 p.m., the club presents Starhaven Rounders and at 10 p.m. Let the Beat Build. On Saturday at 9 p.m., the club presents Russian Circles, Helms Alee, and KenMode.
The Riot Room
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Road at 4048 Broadway in the Westport Entertainment District. On Saturday night at 9 p.m. Electric City Presents the Refero-Album Release Show with Epilogues, Young Readers, and Bearface. On Sunday at 7:30 p.m. E/C Presents: The Ataris, Authority Zero, Drag the River, and Versus the World.