At the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles February 12, 2013, Beyonce toned herself way down wearing a decidedly undaring black and white ensemble. The audience wondered why when it was so uncharacteristic of her to wear something that covered her body so carefully.
Lately she's been the center of a firestorm of media attention above and beyond the usual. Some opined that her Super Bowl performance was nearly pornographic. She lipsynched the national anthem, then made 10 excuses about it, never apologizing to the person who suggested she sing it at the President Obama's Inauguration.
But one thing is for certain, she was certainly fierce during her Super Bowl Halftime performance. In fact, she was so fierce that a lion's share of her photos featured unattractive poses and unflattering facial expressions. In case you haven't had enough of them, there are more out there for you to enjoy in this list.
And apparently, Beyonce's publicist doesn't want you to see these kinds of photos. She bothered herself to write an email to Buzzfeed asking that some of the photos be taken out of the article 33 Fiercest Moments From Beyonce's Halftime Show during which it was duly noted that she barely sang. Well, maybe she didn't sing much, but she sure was fierce!
Assessing the star's behavior of late, perhaps she wanted to wear a demure outfit to deflect attention. And as for these unphotogenic photos, perhaps it's a function of camera shutter speeds now able to capture every moment so perfectly. And perhaps it's just a function of Beyonce's natural born fierceness. It's just a prediction, but Beyonce might end up banning photographers at her shows.
Check out more coverage of the Grammy Awards by Diana Diaz:
National Anthem snobs can read more articles by Diana Diaz. Please note, National Anthem is a proper noun (which should be capitalized) in the United States when referring to "The Star-Spangled Banner."
- Super Bowl of singing 2013: Jennifer Hudson and Alicia 'Out of Key' open
- Beyonce's Super Bowl Halftime Show with Destiny's Child, she did sing sometimes
- Breaking down Beyonce's excuses about lip-synching the National Anthem
- The Superbowl of Singing - Kelly Clarkson nails it
- Beyonce's Superbowl Half-Time Show with Destiny's Child, she did sing sometimes
- Madonna's Superbowl Slackliner upstager introduces the sport to a wide audience
- Christina Aguilera's National Anthem, Fergie of Black Eyed Peas defends her
- Christina Aguilera's National Anthem snafu, do you know the words?
- One-upping Beyonce's lip-synch: Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman pantomined in 2009 (Photos)
- Yes, Beyonce lip-synched The National Anthem, so what?
Can you do better?