Follow this simple recipe and experience the fall treat for yourself.
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/4 elephant garlic clove, diced fine
- 1 lb ground, lean turkey - seasoned with S&P
- 4 Tbsp EVOO
- salt & pepper
- chili powder
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
1. Place all the contents of three cans into a medium-sized pot and place on high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to heat to half. Add 1/2 white onion and all of garlic to pot.
3. In a sauté pan, heat 4 Tbsp EVOO, add seasoned ground turkey and sauté until cooked (not browned).
4. Add cooked turkey to pot.
5. Add 1/4 cup of water (to cover contents of pot), mix and bring to a boil.
6. Drop heat to half.
7. Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (to liking).
8. Add 1/4 tsp chili powder (to liking). Stir thoroughly and let simmer on low for at least 1 hour.
9. Serve hot!