The Kansas City Auto Show runs from Friday March 7 through Sunday March 9 at Bartle Hall in downtown Kansas City. On Saturday and Sunday 7 Bridges The Ultimate Eagles Experience takes the stage and Saturday at 1:30 p.m. Spiderman makes his way to the show.
Several sporting events are in Kansas City this weekend March 6 through March 9 is the MIAA Basketball Tournament at Municipal Auditorium. The Missouri Mavericks take on Allen at the Independence Events Center on Friday. UMKC men’s basketball versus Idaho at the Independence Events Center on Saturday and Sunday at the center the Missouri Comets take on the Milwaukee Wave in the first playoff game.
Live theatre March 7 to March 9:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” closes March 16.
- Copaken Stage: 13th and Walnut, “When I Come to Die,” closes March 16.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Geek Mythology: I Was a Teenage Immortal,” closes March 9.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business,” closes April 12.
- Just Off Broadway: 3051 Central, “Jekyll and Hyde the Musical,” She and Her Productions closes March 16.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “The Night of the Iguana,” closes March 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Godspell,” closes March 23.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “All Sinatra,” closes March 9.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Other Desert Cities,” closes March 30.
Aftershock Bar located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Friday March 7 at 7 p.m. the club features the Stratgazer’s Loud N Local. Saturday the club features the Monsters of Mock with Almost Kiss and Looks That Kill. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show is appropriate to all ages. Children under the age of 12 are free.
Davey's Uptown Rambler Club
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. Friday night the club presents Madison Ward and Mamma Bear and Rebecca Rago and the Trainmen at 6:30 p.m. and at 9:30 p.m. New Riddim, The Bishops, and Richmo take the stage. On Saturday at 9:30 p.m. Green River Kings and The Pedaljets perform.
Kellys Westport Inn
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District, will feature on stage The Pat Lentz Band at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, Flannigan’s Right Hook takes the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The RecordBar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 8:30 p.m., the club presents Clairaudients, Noise FM, Bears & Co., La Guerre, and Valaska. On Saturday at 7 p.m., the club presents Hard At Play and at 10 p.m. feature Ice Balloons, JoyCut, Kyp Malone (tv on the radio).
The Riot Room
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Road at 4048 Broadway in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 7:30 p.m., 96.5 The Buzz Presents: The Unlikely Candidates with The Vegabonds, Jake Briscoe and The Moonlighters. On Saturday at 6 p.m. Sarah Slaton, Eric Himan, and Sarah & the Meanies perform and at 9 p.m. Electric City Presents: King Buzzo.
Uptown Arts Bar
The Uptown Arts Bar is located at Valentine and Broadway near the Uptown Theater. The bar is a celebration of the performing arts in the Kansas City area. On Friday at 7 p.m. the club hosts Brian Frame and David Regnier, at 8 p.m. they feature Story Slam in the Speakeasy and at 9 p.m. Everyone is not a Rapper. On Saturday from 8 to 9:30 p.m. the club features 1001 Arabian Nights: Bellydance and Beyond and at 10 p.m. IMPROV! The Recess Players Present: Saturday Night Programming.