The 34th Annual Art Westport will be held Friday Sept. 6 through Sunday Sept. 8 on the streets of the historic Westport Entertainment District. Artists from around the metro will fill the streets with original art, sculptures, photographs and crafts. Food and drink vendors will be on hand.
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival runs through Columbus Day, Oct. 14. The festival is open weekends from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Columbus Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. This weekend is the 7th Annual Pet Fest with pet vendors, pet demonstrations and pet contests.
Several sporting events will be held in Kansas City this weekend: The Kansas City Royals take on Detroit, Glove Up for Special Olympics, the Stiletto Run, the American Royal Quarter Horse Show and Sporting Kansas City takes on Columbus on Saturday.
Live theatre Sept. 6 to Sept. 8:
- City Theatre of Independence: 201 N. Dodgion, Independence, “The Miss Firecracker Contest”, closes Sept. 15.
- H & R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, Kansas City Actors Theatre “Long Day’s Journey into Night”, closes Sept. 15.
- Just Off Broadway: 3051 Central, “The Session” presented by Melting Pot KC, closes Sept. 8.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Copaken Stage, “The Tallest Tree in the Forest”, closes Sept. 28.
- Olathe Community Theatre Association: 500 E. Loula, Olathe, “Company”, closes Sept 22.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Venus in Fur”, closes Sept. 29.