The First Friday Art Walk is held Friday May 2 in the Crossroads Art District. Festivities include local artists, food, drink, art galleries, and entertainment. The Brookside Art Walk runs through Sunday in the Brookside Shopping District.
Two major sporting events will be held in Kansas City this weekend. The Kansas City Royals take on Detroit at Kauman Stadium Friday through Sunday. Sporting Kansas City hosts Columbus May 4 at Sporting Park.
Theater May 2 through May 4:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “Follies,” closes May 4.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Schoolhouse Rock Live!,” closes May 18.
- Fishtank Performance Studio: 1715 Wyandotte, “First Lady?,” closes May 3.
- Folly Theater: 300 W. 12, Kansas City Burlesque Festival, closes May 3.
- Hollywood Theater: 501 Delaware, Leavenworth, “Beau Jest,” closes May 3.
- H&R Block: Union Station, “No Dogs Allowed!,” closes May 17.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Copaken Stage, “A Little More Alive,” closes May 11.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “Steel Magnolias,” closes May 4.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10, “The Musicals of Musicals: The Musicals,” closes May 25.
- Unicorn Theare: 3828 Main, “Water by the Spoonful,” closes May 18.