Several sporting events will attract fans across the metropolitan Kansas City area this weekend. On Saturday the Kansas Speedway hosts the Grand-Am Road Racing and the Dead Girl Roller Derby will be held at Hale arena. Sunday the Jackson County Triathlon will be held at Longview Lake and the FCKC Blues, professional women’s soccer, returns to Verizon Wireless Field against Chicago.
The Barn Players hold a benefit Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the theater located at 6219 Martway in Mission, Kan. The concert is titled “You Can’t Stop the Beat – Rock on Broadway”. Tickets are available through the barn players.
The Third Friday Art Walk will be held in Englewood Station Arts District on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. Patrons enjoy local artists, food, entertainment and drink. Tropical Dreamers will be playing on the sidewalk outside the Green Dog Art Gallery.
Live theatre Aug. 16 to Aug. 18:
- American Heartland Theatre: Crown Center, “The Bikinis-A New Musical Beach Party”, closes Aug. 25.
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “You Can’t Stop The Beat – Rock on Broadway” a benefit concert for the Barn Players, closes Aug. 18.
- H&R Block City Stage Theater: Union Station, “Picnic”, closes Aug.25.
- Just Off Broadway: 3051 Central, “Tempest: Shakespear’s Deathless Revenge Tragedy”, closes Aug. 18.
- Musical Theater Heritage: Off Center Theatre at Crown Center, “Hello, Dolly!”, closes Aug. 25.