The Wild Winged Raptor Art Show begins at the Buffalo River Art Gallery in the English Landing at Parkville, Mo. on Saturday July 12 and runs through August 14. Birds of prey are the topic of sculptures, paintings, and drawings. Sculptor Dennis E. Conner will be the featured artist and proceeds go to benefit the Eagle Valley Raptor Center.
The Mission, Kan. Artwalk will be held on Friday night from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Enjoy local artist, vendors, food, and drink at the second artwalk of the summer series. The event will be held at Johnson Dr. and Dearborn in downtown Mission.
Theater July 11through July 13:
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,” closes August 3.
- Crafton-Preyer Theatre: 1530 Naismith, Lawrence, “The Boys From Syracuse,” closes July 26.
- Crafton-Preyer Theatre: 1530 Naismith, Lawrence, “The Comedy of Errors,” closes July 26.
- Lewis and Shirley White Theatre: 5801 W. 115, Overland Park, “Monty Python’s Spamalot,” closes July 27.
- Living Room Theater: 1818 McGee, “Kit and the Kats,” closes July 13.
- Missie B’s: 805 W. 39, “Dykes of Hazard,” closes July 28.
- Mystery Train Theater: Several locations, “Legally Dead,” closes August 16.
- Off Center Theatre: Crown Center, “Lysistrata Jones: A Musical Comedy,’ closes July 13.
- Slightly Off Broadway Theatre: 14 N. Marietta, Excelsior Springs, “The Rocky Horror Show,” closes July 26.
- Theatre in the Park: 7900 Renner, Lenexa, “Honk,” closes July 12.
Aftershock Bar and Grill
Aftershock Bar located at 5244 Merriam Dr. in Merriam, Kan. Saturday night at 7 p.m., the club features Dying Fetus with an upcharge of $12, $5 for minors. On Monday, the club features Darkest Hour and Veil of Maya at 7 p.m. Upcharge of $15 applies and $2 for minors.
Davey's Uptown Ramblers Club
Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club is located just south of downtown at 3402 Main in Kansas City. Friday night the club presents The Guild, 9 Volt Junkies for the Broken “CD release” party at 9 p.m. Saturday night the club features Coward, Tyranny is Tyranny, and the Fake-Limbs at 9 p.m.
Kellys Westport Inn
Kelly’s Westport Inn located at 500 Westport Road, in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday the club will feature on stage Twice on Sunday at 10 p.m. At 10 p.m. on Saturday night, The Rent take the main stage. Kelly’s Westport Inn has an outdoor dining and drinking area located on the rooftop of the business.
The RecordBar is located at 1020 Westport Road in the Westport Entertainment District. On Friday night at 10 p.m., the club presents Sad American Night and The Sexy Accident for a special dinner show at 7 p.m. At 10 p.m. The Gypsy Sparrows and Even Eye take the stage. Saturday at 5 p.m., the club features the Camp Encourage Fundraiser and at 10 p.m. Now Now Sleepyhead, Akkilles, and The Author & The Illustrator takes the stage.
The Riot Room
The Riot Room is located just north of Westport Road at 4048 Broadway in the Westport Entertainment District. Friday night at 8 p.m. Electric City presents: Me Like Bees with Middle Twin and Westerners. Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. Cheap Girls, Scruffy and the Janitors, The Feel Bad Hit of the Winter, and Cupcake take the stage. At 10 p.m. Electric City presents: Trevor Lamont, Jason Kidd and Pint Size.