Apollo Nida is a mixed race African-American man who was arrested in 2014 for bank fraud and theft. Nida is known as the husband to Attorney Phaedra Parks. Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks Nida are cast members on the Real Housewives Of Atlanta. The following is a relationship/arrest timeline in the case of Apollo Nida.
Phaedra Parks meets Apollo Nida. Nida is 17 years old. Phaedra is 22-24 years old.
- Nida is said to be working as a car repo man at the time.
- The two meet through a mutual acquaintance.
Apollo Nida serves time in prison for five months on charges related to theft due to possession of stolen goods.
Apollo Nida is convicted of racketeering and sentenced to 18 years in a Georgia State Correctional facility.
Phaedra Parks represents Bobby Brown during his numerous arrests.
- (May) Apollo Nida is released on parole after serving five years of an 18 year sentence.
- (October 31-November 1) Phaedra Parks legally marries Apollo Nida in a ceremony in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.
- It is speculated that Phaedra Parks and her husband Apollo Nida will be a new cast member on the Real Housewives Of Atlanta.
- (January) It is announced that Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida will be the newest cast member on the 3rd season of Real Housewives Of Atlanta, according to Straight...
- (March) Phaedra Parks announces that she is pregnant on her Twitter account.
- (October) Phaedra Parks makes her debut on the 3rd season of the Real Housewives Of Atlanta.
- Rumors start to surface that the husband of the newest cast member of RHOA is a convicted felon on parole.
- In a Vibe magazine article, Phaedra Parks defends her marriage to Apollo. She states:
"My husband was convicted of a white-collar crime. It was racketeering. He comes up for an appeal and we just hope that works out positively. But he wasn’t guilty of harming any person or anybody and unfortunately that’s what happened. I married my husband because I loved him and he loved me and I think that’s the foundation of any good relationship. I didn’t marry him because of his past or because of his future. I married him because I respected him and I realized⎯everyone should realize that people make mistakes."
Phaedra Parks sues Vibe magazine and Angela Stanton regarding the book "Lies Of A Real Housewife:Tell The Truth And Shame The Devil."
- (September) Apollo Nida is arrested. Pictures surface on the Internet showing Apollo Nida on the side of the road with police. The public hears that it is a case of mistaken identity.
- Apollo Nida's right hand woman Gayla St. Julien is arrested and taken into federal custody.
January: Apollo Nida is arrested and charged with fraud. The case is almost identical to past charges.
February: Apollo Nida's trial is delayed. According to Reality Tea, the trial delay gives Nida time to consider a plea deal.
- Apollo Nida and Phaedra Parks are currently separated, according to Reality Tea.
Apollo Nida spends Valentine's Day in the clubs and is photographed with other women.
Update: July 8, 2014: Apollo Nida has been sentenced to eight years in prison.