Animal shelters and rescues across the country are overwhelmed with the large number of homeless pets they are currently housing. The Kansas City area is no exception to the rule. Right now, thousands of dogs and cats are sitting in local animal shelters, just begging for a chance to find love.
One particular KC area rescue has some adorable dogs and cats ready and waiting for adoption. Adoptive homes are crucial to the rescue's success because for every "forever home" that takes in a pet, two more animals get saved. Not only does it free up a spot at the rescue but it also saves one other cat or dog from the shelter. Far too many pets are killed simply because of a lack of space. Midwest Animal ResQ (MARQ) is located right here in town and it's a great group responsible for saving countless lives. But MARQ needs your help! All of MARQ's adoptables stay in foster homes and currently, the group is out of space!
What can you do to help?
- Adopt a pet
- Spay or neuter your own pet
- Donate items such as: blankets, newspapers, cleaning supplies, gift cards, toys, treats or dog food
- Donate money (you can donate to MARQ using this link or you can mail your tax-deductible donation to MARQ at: Midwest Animal ResQ, PO Box 2606, Mission, KS 66201
- Shop for and donate supplies via MARQ's Amazon Wishlist
- "Like" MARQ's Facebook page and share it with your friends! Over half of MARQ's dogs have been adopted because of social media posts.
Midwest Animal ResQ is a federal 501c3 non-profit organization based in Missouri. Its goal is to save as many "companion animals" as possible from dying needlessly in animal shelters or at the hands of irresponsible owners. MARQ regularly pulls animals from local shelters and places them in to their program; providing veterinary care, training (if needed), foster homes and love while they await their "forever home".
To learn more about Midwest Animal ResQ, visit its website at: www.midwestanimalresq.org .