The crazy winter weather and the drastic change in temperatures we are experiencing across the country, especially in the New England area, takes a toll on our immune systems resulting in having to skip or modify our workouts. There is no ‘good’ time to ever come down with a cold but there is nothing worse than coping with the sniffles while trying to reach our workout goals just in time for the spring and summer! Fortunately, there are several products that can be used to help fend off germs and keep you healthy the rest of the season so you don’t miss a workout and can get bikini body ready!
• Hand Sanitizer – Sometimes washing your hands is just not enough. In a busy work environment, we are constantly surrounded by germs as we are only really as healthy as the person next to us. Take one extra step to ward off germs and carry hand sanitizer. It is made of ethyl alcohol which claims to kill “99.99%” of most common germs that may cause illness in as little as 15 seconds and is made in small convenient bottles that can be easily carried in your purse
• Cold-EEZE Natural Immune Support Quick Melts – If you do get sick or feel a cold coming on, take Cold-EEZE. It’s clinically proven to shorten the duration of a cold by nearly half. Cold-EEZE releases zinc ions, which are absorbed by the upper respiratory system and block the cold virus from replicating. You can take Cold-EEZE lozenges, use the convenient oral spray and DayTime/Nighttime QuickMelts, or try the new Cold-EEZE Natural Immune Support QuickMelts, which dissolve in your mouth. These QuickMelts contain also RoseHips and Echinacea and promotes immune health and antioxidant support. Available at www.ColdEEZE.com.
• USANA Probiotics – USANA Probiotics are great way to keep healthy as it promotes sound immune function. These small packets of probiotic food supplement powder can be added to water or another favorite cold beverage quickly and easily when you are feeling sick. Recent research suggest probiotics help sustain healthy immune function by promoting healthy bacterial growth and preventing introduction of harmful bacteria. For more on this supplement go to http://shop.usana.com/media/Shop/PIB/en_us_probiotic.pdf.
• USANA Booster C 600 – USANA’s Booster C 600 is another great cold-fighting option that includes seasonal antioxidants that support your immune system. Booster C 600 contains Echinacea, Zinc, and Elderberry to keep you going strong when you are feeling less than your best. This supplement can be taken straight or mixed with water and is also available in convenient single-serving packets for a quick immune system boost. For more on this supplement go here.
• Celsius –Your Negative Calorie Drink™, is a great tasting drink for your active, healthy lifestyle. Celsius is the world’s first and only negative calorie drink, backed by multiple clinical studies. Studies show that drinking a great tasting Celsius before exercise helps you burn up to 100 calories and more per serving, boosts metabolism, reduces body fat, increases endurance and provides lasting energy. Also available in convenient to-go sticks for on-the-go energy and nutrition. $17.99 14ct Stick Packets at Amazon.com
This Examiner has no financial interest in the products named.