If you’re touring Western Pennsylvania and a campground is your destination, you can’t go wrong selecting Bear Run Campground (184 Badger Hill Road; Portersville, Pennsylvania 16051; toll-free 888-737-2605). I had the opportunity to visit last fall after the season was technically done, but it was enough to make me want to return this year during the summer season. The 2014 season runs from 4/11/14 until 10/31/14.
Operated by the Wehr family since 1975, this family friendly campground has received all sorts of accolades and is highly rated by the major camping associations:
· Good Sam Club rated them “Top 100 Parks in North America”
· Woodall’s Rated: Five W’s/facilities and Five W’s/recreation
· Trailer Life Rated: 9.5/9.0/9.0
Be sure to check ahead before you make reservations, they have all sorts of special packages and weekly special events you might not want to miss. They are also close to many popular tourist attractions.
Got a large group? Inquire about their group facilities:
· The Silver Ridge Pavilion will accommodate up 80 people
· Porter’s Landing can handle up to 175 people
· Coach Haus can take another 50