The best local small business in the world can’t be a success until the business becomes known and stands out within its community and industry. Local businesses have it tough enough on a daily basis trying to keep and maintain their business profits. You know that every day you must keep your local business location, clean, safe and appealing for your customers. You do this also because this is exactly what your local business community needs to ensure the survival of the overall local business neighborhood.
Lots of competition around.
However, budget and resource constraints can make effective, consistent local business promotions an especially challenging task for your local small business. Sometimes big box stores make too much noise locally and customers stop seeing your local small business as an option. As a local small business owner, if this is your challenge too, then why not take your local business to the next level to try and gain all the customers you can.\
Time to get your business online.
What's the next level you ask? Well the next level is to go to a place that may not seem intuitive or easy for the average local small business owner. However that said, you need to explore developing/using your website to attract more customers. I highly recommend this, because no matter how small you are, you need to take your local small business online and explore the use of the many online website promotion tools that are readily available to you.
Powerful profits driven by via website promotion tools
These website promotion tools are not always obvious to an offline local small business owner, but once these tools are found, you will see that these website promotion resources can be become very powerful in maintaining existing customers and growing your profits.
Plan to get your local business online.
Here we recommend 9 steps to get your website promotion efforts started today.
- Make sure you are almost completely set up before launching a local marketing campaign, if you are starting a new business.
- Analyze your products, then take the time and put a specific marketing focus on your relevant local business products.
- Develop the proper web copy and SEO it for your specific business.
- Take advantage of free online marketing. Secure your local business listing in Google Search, because Google owns 70-80% of local search activities. Don’t forget Bing and Yahoo.
- Get listed in all the local neighborhood directories that you can find. There are a number of online yellow pages where you should submit, such as Merchant Circle, Web Local, Yellowpages.com, Local.com, Bizjournals.com, Insider Pages and Superpages. Submit your business listing to major data providers, such as Localeze, infoUSA and UniversalBusinessListing.org.
- Online there is a lot of competition, so find ways to make your add unique and stand out in the crowd.
- Offline get right in front of your customer traffic by getting your ads where your customers congregate which may not be in front of your store.
- Create multiple listing because your business may be local but your customers can come from everywhere.
- Once you exhaust the free advertising, and then consider some paid advertising in your area, like radio ads, bulk mailing, press releases and groupon type ads.
Regardless of where you are located, big or small, combine offline with online local small business website promotions that can make a major difference in your small business success.