Snow attracts many visitors to the Colorado resorts, but there are numerous summer activities as well! Here are a few to check out!
Beer, Blues and BBQ
1. 11th Annual Blues, Brews and BBQ -- May 24-26 in Beaver Creek, Colorado. The Microbrewery Festival features over 80 concoctions, free Grammy Award winning music from Charlie Musselwhite all weekend long, $10,000 in cash prizes for the weekend’s barbecue competitions, and the return of the annual golf event benefiting Can Do Multiple Sclerosis!
2. Wanderlust Festival in Aspen/Snowmass -- June 29-July 6, 2014. Features yoga teacher training, tons of workshops, Stand Up Paddleboarding, hikes, a Jurassic 5 concert, "soulful cinema," and more. Sounds like a Boulder vibe will take over Aspen for a few days!
3. Ziplining. Sure, you could try it in the winter, but. . . brrr! Pray for a clear day with no rain.
4. Breck Epic Mountain Bike race: August 10-15, 2014 in Breckenridge, Colorado. Ultra-endurance mountain bike stage race held in the sprawling backcountry surrounding the Victorian mining town of Breckenridge, Colorado. Rider's compound contains camping, medical support, massages, showers, organically-grown food from local farmers, mechanical support and great coffee. Quite an adventure!
5. Copper's Gone to the Dogs -- June 28, 2014 in Copper Mountain, Colorado. 5K, 10K, Expo and Activities with, by and for your favorite family member (your 4 legged friend!)
6. 41st Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival -- June 19-22, 2014 in Telluride, Colorado. Brandi Carlile, Steve Winwood, Punch Brothers, Béla Fleck & Brooklyn Rider, Jerry Douglas, Chris Thile, Tim O'Brien, and of course the "King of Telluride" Sam Bush are amongst the featured performers.
7. Vail America Days 4th of July Festival -- fireworks surrounded by mountains. What else could you ask for?
8. Heritage Square Alpine Slide -- okay, so it's in the foothills, not the mountains, but when is the last time you rushed down a reallllly long slide amongst scenic beauty?