How do you know if you're really ready for a relationship?
If you want to avoid making mistakes right away, read about three big red flags in dating.
So you're ready to date or have been going out every now and then, yet nothing seems to "click" so far. Is it you or your date that's clogging the channels of love?
What many people don't realize is that sometimes it's their own choices or attitudes that are keeping them single. Most aren't even aware of it themselves. What horror it would be to find out that you are the one who's emotionally unavailable or a commitment-phobe!
Some tell-tale signs you may not be ready for a relationship:
- Do you have fear or anxiety about dating, being rejected or measuring up to your date?
- Do you still think about your ex or have brought him/her up in conversation with a dating prospect?
- Is your schedule so hectic that you find yourself making excuses to not have to pencil in a date?
- Do you feel guilty about taking time away from your child to have a relationship?
- Does the thought of dating or having a relationship seem like a strain on your finances?
- Do you find that prospects around you don't measure up to your standards, or not worth the effort?
If you've answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, the timing might not be right for starting a relationship.
Read the slideshow to learn more about what it means to be "relationship-ready."