Celebs like Rhianna and Gwen Stefani have been bringing the denim on denim trend to the forefront for a while. Although this is not a new trend, nothing in fashion ever is, it’s been reinvented in a hipster kind of way.
Denim on denim is one of the easiest fashion trends yet people are still afraid to experiment. We all have our favorite jeans that we probably wear a little bit too much and I’m sure there’s a jean jacket or shirt from a past fashion life that could easily be paired with said jeans. The best way to conquer this trend is by not thinking too hard. When you throw things on with ease it always works out better.
Here are 6 easy style tips for denim on denim:
1. It’s best if your jeans are darker than your top. It doesn’t matter what shade of denim you chose just try to keep the bottoms darker. Not only does it look better with this trend but the darker the denim the skinnier you look, added bonus.
2. Don’t be afraid to black out. Black on black denim is very rock and roll. A pair of black distressed jeans with a faded black denim vest is one of my favorite looks.
3. Don’t forget about your jean shorts and skirts. A cute pair of jean shorts paired with and jean shirt, sleeves rolled up, and tall boots is so LA chic.
4. It’s perfectly okay to mix blue denim and black denim. Try black jeans with a blue denim shirt, black thigh high boots and a sexy black hat.
5. Texture is better. Coated or waxed jeans work great for this trend but try to stick to all black because it looks better.
6. Men can do it too! One of the reasons I love this trend is because it’s unisex.